Monday, August 16, 2010

The Break Before Classes Start



Orientation is on Tuesday and Josh starts classes on Thursday so our house is starting to overflow with textbooks. Work is going well for me. It's going to take some adjustment to figure out how things run at McKinney, but I really like the people I work for and I'm enjoying bouncyball wars and random events that really could only take place in a student ministry building. For all you Clemson folks....it reminds me of some crazy times at the BCM!

Now for food, my personal favorite. I baked a cake randomly the other day (ironically right after we went running...I guess burning calories just put me in a baking mood). The cake turned out pretty good, after I made a quick Kroger run to get some vanilla (red food coloring and vanilla may come in similar containers, but they are not the same I promise). I didn't have a good picture, but it was a yellow cake with penuche icing (I have no clue how to pronounce that but it's basically a brown sugar icing I had a recipe for). As for real food, Josh grilled some tilapia which was very good. We had a new version of sausage casserole (with ground turkey and a lot of seasoning). Oh and fajitas! Since we're in Texas we wanted to try some mexican. Delicious! We also tried making some fresh guacamole which turned out good and Josh made himself some pimento cheese because he was craving home cooking. Good times!

Tilapia. Yum Fish!
Sausage... er, turkey casserole
Fajitas
Josh told me not to put this picture up, but it's just funny.

We officially got to see the Rangers Sunday afternoon! A friend of ours found us a great deal on tickets and so we got to sit in the heat and watch the Rangers v. Red Sox. It was a really exciting game and the Rangers won! I also decided that Julio Borbon is my new favorite player (I know that's random but someone might be interested).  I was thinking about the Braves the whole time, but it's hotter in Arlington than Atlanta. And it was really fun to see Boston too. Sports seem to be a really big deal here so we fit in just fine. We're looking forward to football season!

We're sweating to death but having fun despite the heat!
Go Rangers!
Well that's all for now. Keep us in your prayers, especially Josh as he starts classes. Maybe one day I'll be better about posting more blogs, but in the meantime we hope to hear from you! Thanks for all the prayers!

-Tiffany (as always, approved by Josh)

No comments:

Post a Comment