Sunday, August 8, 2010

Life in Texas

I got a job! Thanks to everyone who was praying for my final interview! I'm going to be the administrative assistant for student ministries at McKinney Memorial Bible Church in Fort Worth. It's a perfect fit - it's close to the house, seems like a really fun environment, and supports a very God-centered ministry. Josh and I are so excited that God provided a job for me so quickly. God has already sent us so many surprising blessings already. It's such a great feeling to know that God is with us here and that we are following His plan for us.

Here's a summary of our latest adventures:

1. Laser tag with Church! The 5th and 6th graders (over 60 of them) went to a laser tag place here in town and Josh and I got to go along. It was really fun and I'm already starting to get to know some of the kids. They are all so energetic and we had a great time enjoying the organized chaos!

2. Cooking in General! Nothing earth-shattering I suppose, but I've been enjoying our cooking experiences. My personal favorite was pork chops with peaches and potatoes. It sounds gross but actually it was really tasty (the recipe came from Real Simple with a little of our own personal twist).

Na-coction. Thanks for the recipe Na!
Chicken 'n Rice
Pork, Potatoes, Peaches and Couscous

3. Garrett and Anna's Wedding! Anna, one of the interns Josh works with, got married and we got to go to the wedding. It was beautiful. Her wedding is going to be featured on a TLC wedding show. It's part of a contest with 4 brides and it should be interesting to see how it turns out. But her evening wedding with a cookie and milk and candy bar and photo booth gets my vote :-) It was really fun yet classy.

4. Visit to the Stockyards! It was my first experience seeing longhorns up close and personal (welcome to Texas!). We got to watch the cattle drive that goes up the main street of the stockyards. It's more like a saunter but it was still really fun. It was a good Texas experience in the hot weather, and I feel somewhat introduced to the cowboy culture here. I'm enjoying Texas!



Well that's about all that's going on right now. Keep praying for our ministry at Christ Chapel Bible Church with the Fish-Stix (Fifth and Sixth Graders). The youth leader, Ben, is on a mission trip in Tajikistan for the next 10 days so keep him and their team in your prayers as well. Remember us as I start work tomorrow and Josh starts classes soon. We love you all!

In Christ,

Tiffany (and Josh)

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to congratulate you guys on your marriage! May God bless you both in your new life together!

    ReplyDelete